Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hey God, Are You Listening?

Hey God. It's Emilee.

I'm going to need you pretty badly today. My family will need you. Our friends near and far will need you. I know you're a busy guy, but can I ask I huge favor? Please place your hands upon us as we make our official send off to our little girl and celebrate her life. Can you do that? After all, I gave you a beautiful and perfect angel last week.... I think that's a fair trade, don't you?

You have a lot of people to watch over, hold, protect and heal... but that's your job, and I hear you're pretty good at it.You have lead me through this journey, even when I had strayed from you and your word for a long time. You have kept me breathing, kept my feet moving one in front of the other even when I was frozen and felt I couldn't go forward.

Lord, there are people who are struggling with this loss in a different way than we are. Very special and important people we really love and need, but will unfortunately not be holding out hands today. Please wrap them in your love and comfort and let them feel your presence.

You gave me, William, our family and the whole world such an amazing gift in little Leila Grace, and for that I thank you. I wish she didn't have to leave us so soon, but I know she is in your loving arms and basking in the glow of heaven.

Hold my hand as I drive to the church today. Keep my head clear and allow me to arrive safely. Take extra special care of us, as this day will be incredibly difficult.

I trust in you.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment