Friday, November 2, 2012

Letters of Love

I've been collecting the messages that have been sent to me by friends and supporters over the last few weeks. I read through them when I'm feeling "not so tough". A little reinforcement really helps when you're feeling like the smallest person on earth. My friends have told me they have been inspired by me through my words here, but don't realize theirs enlighten me just as much. I'm glad to share my gift of writing with you all, but wanted to share some of the other beautiful words that have been gifts to me, as well as put them all in one place for me to re-read when the need arises:

"May all the love in your life and God's strength hold you. And remember- when you're going hell, keep going. "

"I love you always and wish you strength and super human healing powers"

"You are a strong woman filled with love and though this may feel like a test in life, you have already passed with flying colors ."

"Things like this don't happen for a reason. This SUCKS. Life isn't fair. Acknowledge my grief, acknowledge my pain, cry with me, hold me, hear me! Validate my fears. So I'd say to you to please scream, cry, let your emotions just POUR out. It doesn't matter what you do - just FEEL."

"In my humble opinion, you have your mother's heart inside of you She would have never let you go if anything came in the way of you".

"When I was told you were going to name her Leila I was instantly touched, it's a name I have always loved ...meaning night and dark beauty in Hebrew."

"Know that you will see her along with your loved ones that have gone and she will be greeted with open arms and joy by the almighty Father and a throne of angels, taking her place along side of them. "

"I nanny for a family with a kid with special needs and every night we send out a healing light to friends and family who might just need a little extra positive thought going their way. We have been sending many many healing lights towards your family."

"You two took me back to church, and made me realize just how precious life is. She is the luckiest child in the world to be blessed with such strong, loving parents. Take the time to count the four amazing blessings that you have running around you, and take the time to count the blessings in each other.

"I think maybe the best definition of living a "full life" is being loved the way you love Leila. I know how hard I've worked, for so long, to try to live into the fullness of life, in spite of having never been loved that way by another human being. I believe this is the most important part of God's perfect design for our life, and you've already fulfilled that."

"Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

"Words can not truly express my deep sorrow for you
I can only imagine the agony and pain you're going through
But there are still people who care, to pick you up when you are down
And when you need a shoulder to cry on, please know that I'll be around
And if you need to talk, or yell, or scream because you're just so upset
You can yell and scream at me, just as long as you dont forget
That someday I will need someone to pick up my pieces too
Because "Goodbyes" never come easy after saying "I love yous"


"It is amazing what a child can live through while in side of our bellies where we, as mother, truly can protect them from everything."

"God chose you to carry her until she was ready to be with him. And what better choice than you? Sweet, loving, nurturing, caring and such an amazing mom. She is just as lucky to have you as you are her."

"Being pregnant is such a beautiful blessing. The feeling of a small baby growing inside you. As they kick, move and somersault in your belly. The best memory is you are carrying an angel."

“Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.” -Tolstoy

"Dear Heavenly Father, please embrace Emilee and her family in your loving arms. Give them strength for things that are hard to understand, patience during time of hurt, love when times just seem unbearable. Please help comfort them and help with the most difficult decision that no one wants to have to make. Help guide them through this difficult time. In Jesus name amen."

When God calls our children
to dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question
he wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with,
the death of one small child.
who does so much to make our world,
seem so wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
the aged to His fold.
So He picks a rosebud
before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
and so He takes but few.
To make the land of heaven
more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows
will always be Good-bye.
So when a little child departs,
we who are left behind,
Must realize God loves children.
Angels are hard to find!




This is just a piece of what has been sent our way, amoung countless offers of love, prayer and support. From the bottom of my heart: thank you, thank you, thank you. This is above and beyond amazing, when "I love you, what can I do?" is more than enough.

God bless,
Emilee

1 comment:

  1. Emilee, what an amazing woman you are. So loving towards your beautiful daughter who is growing inside you. It may be true that her life might be short, but the fact that you loved her deeply is surely to be felt inside the womb where she listens to your heart beat, hears you sing to her, talk to her, love her. What a beautiful life you have already given your little one already. We lost 4 babies before we had our first live birth, but each child was loved deeply and is still remembered. I am so moved by your love for Leila Grace. May God bring you a peace that passeth all understanding, may He be your strength when you feel your weakest. May he be a balm unto your heart as you go through each and every day. God Bless you

    ReplyDelete